The banana, peanut butter, and raspberry that are included in this recipe are natural complements to the vodka, with the last two simply enhancing those aspects of the spirit. I do recommend fresh raspberries if they are available, and if chunky peanut butter is all that you have in the house, I suggest running to the store for the creamy version. Chunks may be great on a sandwich, but not in a drink (even with the help of a blender).
If you want to make a non-alcoholic version of this drink, simply skip the vodka. It is delicious either way.
Note: There are a few more PB&J cocktail ideas on Van Gogh's website.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1-2 ounce Van Gogh PB&J Vodka
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 banana
- 1 heaping Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp raspberry jam or fresh raspberries
- Fresh raspberry for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass with a banana slice or raspberry garnish.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.