The 'spiced syrup' is undefined in the recipe and I think it is open for interpretation. You can create a syrup and add whichever spices you see fit. Those that I would suggest would be to continue with bay leaves and add a couple of cloves, maybe cinnamon, or use a pumpkin pie spice. A ginger and cardamom syrup (Cardamom Simple Syrup Recipe) may be a good choice, and vanilla-ginger is another nice alternative. In both of these last two I would add a dash of cinnamon and allspice as well.
Prep Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2oz Spiced pumpkin infused Belvedere Vodka*
- 1 oz spiced syrup
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- Ginger slice for garnish
- Muddle ginger with the syrup in the base of a cocktail shaker.
- Add pumpkin infused Belvedere and shake with cubed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of ginger.
*Spiced pumpkin infused Belvedere
- Roast 500g peel pumpkin (braised with honey) at 200C for 45 mins.
- Remove from oven and place into a small saucepan with bay leaves and cover with 200g of water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend with 500g of Belvedere Vodka.
- Pass through a muslin cloth to remove pulp and use.
- Keep refrigerated.