The kick in this Martini comes from jalapeño pepper juice, which you can either find bottle separately or use the juice from a jar of peppers (in the same way olive brine is used in Dirty Martinis). However, this is a tricky drink and can be either good or bad. Start off right by using a premium vodka (like Blue Ice, as is used here) as the cheaper, dirtier vodkas compete too much with the jalapeño. Then, be sure to add just a dash of pepper juice so you don't burn the drink right away with spice. Remember, you are also garnishing with a pepper so this will slowly add heat as it infused the cocktail. Also, remember to wash your hands with soap and hot water anytime they come in contact with either the juice or the pepper.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 1/2 oz Blue Ice American Vodka
- Dash of jalapeno juice
- Whole jalapeno pepper for garnish
- Pour the vodka and jalapeño juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish by dropping a whole jalapeño pepper into the glass or making a small cut in the pepper and resting it on the glass rim.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.