The Peartini is a simple and fun cocktail that combines the flavor of pear with a little spice. The spiced syrup uses the usual wintertime spices of clove, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, vanilla, and orange and uses brown sugar for the sweetener, making this a great drink to enjoy around the holidays. If you like, use an unflavored simple syrup and enjoy the drink year round.
There are a number of great pear vodkas available now. Grey Goose is a favorite, and Hangar One's Spiced Pear is particularly nice in this cocktail. You can also infuse your own vodka when the fruit is in season.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces pear vodka
- 3/4 ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 ounce spiced simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- Pear slice for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pear slice.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.