The Alibi is a simple ginger-flavored drink that features a fantastic vodka, Stolichnaya. Personally I prefer to use the Stoli Elit because it's even smoother than the other, but any vodka should do as long as it's a nice, clean one - those work best with the pure ginger, lime and soda of the drink. The ginger syrup is easy to make and great for keeping in the fridge on a regular basis. Another option is to get a little "wild" and use a vanilla-ginger simple syrup. Both are great
- 1 oz ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz Stolichnaya vodka
- squeeze of a fresh lime
- club soda
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
Ginger Simple Syrup:
- Peel 2 inches of fresh ginger.
- Simmer with 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water for 5 minutes to infuse flavor.
- Remove ginger.
- Bottle and chill.