Vampire Juice is like a Bloody Mary and depending on how you take your BM, this one has a slightly different, intriguing and somewhat scary profile, so it's great for Halloween. It's the horseradish that throws me off a little with this drink and it's best to use in moderation and have some breath mints at the ready or people will be treating you like a vampire. The eyeball ice cube may take a little more time to prepare (overnight) but the ghastly garnish is worth it.
- 2 oz Finlandia Lime Vodka
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh horseradish
- splash of steak sauce
- splash of hot sauce
- For eyeball ice cube garnish:
- green olive with pimento
- Build the liquid ingredients in a highball glass over ice cubes.
- Stir well.
- Add the seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with a prepared eyeball by floating it in the drink, skewering it on a cocktail pick or sticking it with a stirring fork.
For Radish Eyeball Ice Cube Garnish:
- Peel radishes, leaving thin streaks of red skin on to represent blood vessels.
- Using the tip of the vegetable peeler, or a small, knife, carefully scoop out a small hole in each radish, roughly the size of an olive.
- Stuff a green olive, pimiento side out, in each hole.
- Place one radish eyeball in each section of an empty ice cube tray.
- Pare the radishes down a bit to fit, if necessary.
- Fill the tray with water and freeze overnight.