Lavender and rosemary are two herbs that are fantastic together, especially in drinks. In this cocktail I've added an underlying, velvety tone to the two flavors by muddling a vanilla bean with lavender simple syrup and shaking that with rosemary-infused vodka and dry vermouth.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz rosemary-infused vodka
- 3/4 oz dry vermouth
- Lavender simple syrup
- Half of a vanilla bean
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Chop a half of a vanilla bean in small pieces width-wise and place it in a mixing glass.
- Add the lavender syrup and muddle, crushing the vanilla bean.
- Fill the glass with ice, add vodka and vermouth.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain and serve either neat in a cocktail glass or on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.