Lavender and rosemary are two herbs that are fantastic together, especially in drinks. In this cocktail I've added an underlying, velvety tone to the two flavors by muddling a vanilla bean with lavender simple syrup and shaking that with rosemary-infused vodka and dry vermouth.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces rosemary-infused vodka
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth
- Lavender simple syrup
- Dash of fresh lemon juice
- Half of a vanilla bean
- Lemon twist or wedge for garnish
- Chop a half of a vanilla bean in small pieces width-wise and place it in a mixing glass.
- Add the lavender syrup and muddle, crushing the vanilla bean.
- Fill the glass with ice, add vodka and vermouth.
- Shake vigorously.
- Fine strain and serve either up in a cocktail glass or on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or wedge.