In the mood for a drink on the spicy side? Then the Icy Spicy Blue Ice is perfect. The kick in this Martini
comes from jalapeño pepper juice which you can either find bottle separately or use the juice from a jar of peppers (in the same way olive brine is used in Dirty Martinis
). For this drink to be pulled off without being really nasty, use a premium vodka (like Blue Ice
) as the cheaper, dirtier vodkas compete too much with the jalapeño. Also, you want to remember to wash your hands with soap and hot water anytime they come in contact with either the juice or the pepper.
- 2 1/2 oz Blue Ice American Vodka
- dash of jalapeno juice
- whole jalapeno pepper for garnish
- Pour the vodka and jalapeño juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish by dropping a whole jalapeño pepper into the glass or making a small cut in the pepper and resting it on the glass rim.