Pinnacle Strawberry Shortcake Vodka
Pinnacle has another winner with their Strawberry Shortcake Vodka. It seems that the brand is best when they take on cake and cream flavors and this one follows suit with their previous releases. It is everything I love about strawberry-flavored vodkas with those sweetened whipped cream notes that they have obviously perfected and the fragrance of shortcake is a far too tempting way to begin any drink.
The whipped cream and strawberry combination of this vodka makes it extremely smooth and refreshing. It is an ideal flavored vodka to enjoy chilled on its own. It is also a perfect candidate for cocktails and can be mixed quite simply with either soda or sparkling wine. If you are in the mood for a frozen drink, blend this up with ice cream (strawberry is recommended) and milk. It also pairs well with cranberry and pineapple juices, peach schnapps, and chocolate liqueurs. This is a fun vodka that has many possibilities, enjoy the experiments.
Strawberries 'N Cream
- 2 parts Pinnacle® Strawberry Shortcake Vodka
- 1 teaspoon strawberry preserves
- 1 part milk
- Drizzle of strawberry syrup
Pinnacle Rainbow Sherbert Vodka
I have mixed feelings about Pinnacle Rainbow Sherbert. On one hand it is fun to mix with because it combines orange, lime, and raspberry with a touch of cream, yet if you're thinking that the vodka's taste straight out of the bottle will be reminiscent of a bowl of sherbert, you will be disappointed. It is a good vodka, it just doesn't replicate its namesake in the same way that other bottlings from Pinnacle do.
Though I have not explored the full potential of Rainbow Sherbert, there are a few recommendations I can make when it comes to mixing it. The orange juice of a Screwdriver helps this vodka tremendously and adding a splash of ginger ale makes it even better. The Ruby Slippers recipe below is fun and pairs this vodka with Pinnacle Cake, which adds that sweetness I'd like to have seen in Rainbow Sherbert. Also, mix this one in drinks with cranberry, watermelon, and amaretto. Keep the drinks tall or with bold flavored mixers for best results.
- 1 part Pinnacle Rainbow Sherbert Vodka
- 1 part Pinnacle Cake Vodka
- 2 parts half & half
More About Pinnacle Vodka
- Flavored vodkas that are distilled five times and produced in France.
- 35% alc/volume (70 proof)
- Rainbow Sherbert and Strawberry Shortcake released in spring 2013
- Retail for around $12.99 for 750ml bottle
- Other Pinnacle Vodka Flavors include: Atomic Hot, Berry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Cake, Cherry, Cherry Whipped, Cherry Lemonade, Chocolate Whipped, Citrus, Cookie Dough, Coconut, County Fair Cotton, Cucumber Watermelon, Grape, Red Liquorice , Kiwi-Strawberry, Mango, Marshmallow, Orange, Orange Whipped, Peach, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Raspberry, Red Berry, Tropical Punch, Vanilla, Whipped Cream, and Whipped Key Lime.