The Bottom Line
- Nice balance of the fruit flavors.
- A clear-colored acai berry vodka, making it a neutral cocktail ingredient.
- If you enjoyed and miss Absolut LA, this is the replacement.
- I didn't enjoy it chilled and straight as much as I did when it was mixed.
- Vodka infused with açai berry, blueberry, and pomegranate. All natural flavor ingredients, no sugar or preservatives added.
- Imported by Absolut Spirits Co
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Retails for around $24/750ml bottle
- Released in February 2010
Guide Review - Absolut Berri Açai Vodka
Where Absolut Berri Açai truly shines is inside a mixed drink. Its flavor profile is predominantly açai, with the blueberry and pomegranate creating nice accents, so this is a vodka that clearly lends itself to fruity cocktails. I suggest beginning where Absolut LA left off, which is great because they did create some very good cocktails (Trainer Approved and Sunset Strip) when that one was released. This release has also allowed me to revive one of my favorite creations, the LAX Cocktail, because the colored açai vodkas did not fair well against X-Rated's brilliant pink and the cocktail looked muddier than I like.
Overall, I like Absolut's move with the release of Berri Açai. It was the next logical flavor for the brand and is likely to be a good addition for Absolut-filled bars. It's a nice flavored vodka that begins with a smooth vodka so if you are a fan of açai and/or Absolut I think you are going to enjoy this one.
You cannot miss the perfume of Absolut Berri Açai as the aroma will fill a room in seconds, though it is a sweet, inviting mixed of candied fruits so it's not a bad smell. The vodka has that signature Absolut silkiness, which is highlighted with dark, soft fruits that are noticeably less sweet than the nose alluded to. This is not a vodka that you will forget because it the finish is long and warm and filled with tangy berries.