The Bottom Line
- A fantastic flavor mix that hasn't been done in vodka until now.
- The apple and ginger combination is great for making easy and flavor-filled mixed drinks.
- One of the best Absolut bottle designs to date.
- Proceeds are donated to Habitat for Humanity - New York City.
- Available for a limited time.
- Red apple and ginger infused Absolut Vodka
- The fourth in a series of vodkas inspired by American cities.
- Imported by Absolut Spirits Co.
- Released in June, 2010
- Retails for around $25/750ml bottle
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
Guide Review - Absolut Brooklyn Vodka
I think that what I have come to enjoy most about the latest release of Absolut "city" vodkas is the experimentation of flavors. These limited editions are a chance for the vodka giant to play with tastes that may not be viable on the regular market. I have found each to be interesting and have been impressed by some more than others and Absolut Brooklyn falls on the positive side.
Absolut Brooklyn's flavor is one that a few home infusion enthusiasts have likely experimented with and if you haven't it is a great idea to try out when this bottling disappears from the shelves in a few months. The combination of red apple and ginger make a great tasting vodka and it is one that can be mixed in simple mixed drinks that have an amazing flavor. This is such a great tasting vodka that the fewer the mixers in a drink, the better. Two of the promotional drinks from Absolut Brooklyn show this off: the Absolut Brooklyn Stoop Party is made of equal parts of the vodka, cranberry juice, and ginger ale and the Absolut Brooklyn Ginger skips the cranberry, leaving the vodka to ginger ale ratio at 1 1/2:2.
I highly recommend this vodka for those who love to explore flavored vodkas and the drinks that are possible with them. As with other Absolut specialty bottles, this will be readily available but only for a few months, so you will want to check it out soon.
This is a very, very aromatic vodka and will easily fill the room with its sweet fragrance, summery fragrance. The taste is subtle and well balanced between the bright apple and spicy ginger. It is neither too spicy nor too sweet and is as smooth and clean finishing as we expect from Absolut.