The Bottom Line
- Sweet mango flavor backed by Absolut-quality vodka.
- Sublime ingredient for creating new tropical cocktails.
- Pair it with peppers for a great mango and spice flavor.
- On its own it is slightly too tart - mix it.
- Swedish Vodka infused with mango. All natural ingredients, no added sugar or preservatives.
- Imported by Absolut Spirits Co.
- United States Release: March 2009
- Retails for around $20/750ml bottle
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
Guide Review - Absolut Mango Vodka
Mango is a flavor that hasn't been common in cocktails prior to recent years and this is refreshing because it requires a whole new thinking on flavor profiles. This vodka is fantastic for bringing some tropical flavors to the apple of a Apple Martini and the melon of aGreentini and the creative side could pair it with banana, citrus, and even vanilla and caramel. It is in cocktails where Absolut Mango shines - alone it's nothing spectacular - and the drinks from its launch like the Sage Lady and Mango Spice are great examples of its possibilities.
I am wholly impressed with it when matched with spice in particular. That may be due to my desire for more Absolut New Orleans, which paired mango and pepper, and sparks an idea of a cocktail that includes both Mango and Peppar in some fashion (I'll be sure to pass that along if anything comes out of it).