The Bottom Line
- An exceptionally smooth wheat vodka.
- Excellent straight, chilled or mixed.
- Very limited availability.
- Distilled from golden wheat from Bourgogne, France and blended with Swedish spring water.
- Small-batch, premium vodka distilled five times in copper pot stills.
- Imported by Long Tail Libations, a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch, Inc
- Retails for around $39/750ml bottle
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Released in 2008
Guide Review - Cape North Vodka
Cape North is a delightful addition to the vodka market and a truly international, well-crafted spirit. The vodka is distilled five times in copper pot stills from 100% golden wheat from the Bourgogne region of France, filtered in a ceramic system and blended with imported, fresh spring water from Sweden. The result is an ultra smooth, premium vodka worth getting your hands on.
I have to say Cape North is an impressive mixer in every vodka cocktail I tried it in. The artistry of the vodka is also seen in the signature cocktail collection on the company's website. Cocktail like the Basil North, Beautiful Boat and Cape Samurai are just a sampling of the stunning creations of some of Europe's most innovative bartenders and represent the creative concoctions that are possible when working with such a well-designed spirit.
Cape North holds citrus and faint vanilla notes in the aroma. The palate is exceptionally smooth and watery, continuing with the vanilla and citrus and adding a ever-so-slight hint of chocolate. The finish is substantially long, clean and pleasant.