The Bottom Line
- Economically priced premium vodka great for the everyday drink.
- Smooth vodka with distinct notes of flavor.
- Rivals popular brands like Absolut and outshines the similarly priced Smirnoff.
- Only available in 1 liter bottle.
- Limited availability.
- Grain vodka distilled five times in France
- Imported by Emperor Brands
- Retails for $30/liter
- 40% alc/vol (80 proof)
- Released in 2007
Guide Review - Imperial Exclusive Vodka
The best vodka to reference Imperial to is Absolut. They are both in the same price range, both have that bite in the finish that many vodka drinkers are used to and both have some flavor notes to them. However, side-by-side Imperial comes out on top. It is considerably smoother with comforting waves of butter and caramel that you might expect to find in the pricier vodkas. If you like Absolut but are looking for a change, Imperial would be my recommendation and even though it is harder to find than a bottle of the vodka giant, it is worth every second of the hunt.
Very fresh, clean nose with buttery tones. Luscious and silky palate that is warm and filled with underlying caramel and butter notes. A rich, clean finish that is short but has a little bite.