The Bottom Line
- The best vodka available to date for around $10
- As big on taste as vodka can get
- Superiorly smooth and overall an impressive vodka
- Currently has a somewhat limited availability
- Polish grain vodka distilled five times.
- Producted at Polmos Bialystok Distillery, Poland's oldest distillery
- Distributed by Al Capone Distributing, Chicago, Illinois
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Retails for around $11/750ml bottle
- Gold Medal Winner, 91 points and Best Buy Ratings at The Beverage Tasting Institute
Guide Review - KU:L Vodka
When it comes to vodka, the economical drinker will tend to mix up strongly flavored cocktails for the simple fact that there is a need to hide the quality (or lack of) that the less expensive brands are known for. While KU:L does make an excellent Black Russian and Bloody Mary, it is also a shining star in lighter cocktails that are usually reserved for the best vodkas. With Ku:l you don't have to fear a Diamond Martini, a Campari Cocktail, a Cosmopolitan or even a Vodka Martini. In fact, a splash of lemon and dash of bitters in a chilled glass of KU:L is one of the best ways to enjoy it and when you can make a drink of this caliber with a ten spot the feeling is even better. Now, if bars could stock this in the well, we'd be in heaven.
KU:L has a very clean fragrance that is semi-sweet and semi-herbal. The entry is refreshingly silky and leads to the warm, oh-so-smooth taste of luscious grains and a hint of sage that continues to display a subtle sweetness. KU:L finishes by not letting you forget it was there and this long, dark, warm ending is quite refreshing.