The Bottom Line
- Super smooth, clean vodka.
- Great in cocktails, straight or on the rocks.
- Tastes like water, easy to over indulge.
- Vodka drinkers may not like the lack of vodka taste.
- Multiple distilled, grain, Austrian vodka with proprietary "structuring" process.
- Imported by Oval America from Austria
- 42% alc/volume (84 proof)
- Retails for around $36.99/750 ml bottle
- Bottle design won top award at 2007 Vodka Festival.
Guide Review - Oval Vodka
I found Oval to be a unique and intriguing vodka that definitely has a niche. For consumers who enjoy a spirited drink but who do not enjoy any harshness, this would be a great choice and may even get a few to not mix it, but to sip it straight. That's not to say that it is not an excellent base liquor for cocktails, because it is. I prefer it in "clean" cocktails: your Vodka Martinis, Cosmopolitans, Flirtinis, April Rains, Mango Tonics and the like. Drinks like this allow the vodka to shine.
Oval Vodka's entry is like silky water and it leads to a relatively clean palate with hints of fresh grain and soft herbs. The finish is uniquely refreshing, again encapsulated by water, leaving the drinker with almost no feeling that one just drank vodka.