The Bottom Line
- Reported to be a "no hangover" vodka.
- Crisp, clean vodka - fantastic chilled or mixed.
- Currently has limited availability.
- Californian vodka distilled from grain.
- Bottled by Bear and Eagle Products, Santa Ana, California
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Retails for around $24/750ml bottle
- Original release: May 2006
- Gold Medal Award and 90 point rating at the Beverage Tasting Institute of Chicago
Guide Review - 1.0.1 Iced Vodka
Vodka cocktails of all kinds are ideal for the flavors of 1.0.1 Vodka and it really shines in clear mixes like the Vodka Tonic and Vodka Collins. It is also a delightful, well-chilled sipper and if you sip just a little too much I'm assured you won't wake up with a hangover. Since I'm typically not prone to the morning after blues I'm trusting others on this aspect and according to a discussion going on in the forum lately, 1.0.1's tag as "The No Hangover Vodka" seems pretty accurate. Score 3 points for 1.0.1 for quality, price and hangover-free.
1.0.1 has a very clean, grainy fragrance that leads to a silky entry and a warm palate enriched with grains. There's an alcohol spice in the warm finish that is slightly bitter and considerably long. Overall it is a nice, warm vodka with a pinch of the "vodka bite" that is neither too strong or too light and that full-grain profile rounds out the body for a nice touch.