The Bottom Line
- Ultra-smooth grain vodka, simply a fine example.
- Neat, straight, chilled, mixed - it's great anyway you take it.
- Limited availability in stores, but is available online.
- Wheat and rye based Russian vodka
- Distilled 5 times, filtered 9 times
- Imported by Symphony Importers, Manhasset, New York
- 40% alc/vol (80 proof)
- Retails for around $33/750ml bottle
- Released in 2003
Guide Review - ZYR Russian Vodka
Zyr is versatile enough to drink however one chooses. The bottle recommends it neat and because this vodka is so smooth and earthy, this suggestion is a good one. The thick glass of the bottle helps the vodka chill quickly and perfectly if it's placed in the freezer for a few minutes and serving Zyr chilled straight is another good option. One really cannot go wrong with this vodka in cocktails, either. If you're looking for one of the smoothest Vodka Martinis, Zyr is a great choice and it will enhance any other vodka cocktail, turning it into a spectacular drink.
Zyr holds the aroma of clean, fresh cut grain. The entry is superiorly smooth and leads to a very clean, fresh palate in which the grain background is continued. It finishes short and clean with a ever-so-slight sweetness.