With Saint Patrick's day coming up soon, this is the best time of year to enjoy a cocktail with Irish whiskey. Dale DeGroff, America's "King of the Cocktail" and one of the people most responsible for the recent renaissance in American cocktails has created sophisticated, elegant way to enjoy Irish whiskey with the Irish Blond cocktail.
Featuring Michael Collins Irish whiskey and the sweetness of orange curacao touched with the light flavor of fino sherry before being finished off with a flamed orange zest, this has quickly become one of my favorite cocktails to make and enjoy.
View Video: How to Make an Irish Blond Cocktail
- 2 ounces Michael Collins Irish Whiskey
- 3/4 ounce orange curacao
- 1/4 ounce Fino sherry
- Dash of orange bitters
- Flamed orange peel for garnish
- Add first four ingredients to a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange peel expressed over the cocktail.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.