Natalie Bovis, known as the Liquid Muse, is a well known mixologist and cocktail consultant who splits her time between Los Angeles and Barcelona. Recently, she created the Bacon Cherry Creek cocktail recipe for an underground L.A. dinner prepared by chef Amy Jurist.
Featuring Knob Creek bourbon infused with bacon, cherry-cinnamon syrup and ruby port wine, this sophisticated tipple is the perfect choice for your upscale dinner party. You can prepare the bacon Knob Creek and the cherry-cinnamon syrup up to two weeks in advance, so plan appropriately and enjoy this world class cocktail.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces bacon washed Knob Creek Bourbon Whiskey
- 3/4 ounce Liquid Muse cherry-cinnamon syrup
- 1/2 ounce ruby port
- Orange zest for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist expressed over the cocktail then dropped into the drink.
Bacon Washed Bourbon
- Place 4 strips of cooked bacon and 1 bottle (750ml) of Knob Creek bourbon in a glass jar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Strain through cheesecloth and discard bacon and any other solids.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Liquid Muse Cherry Cinnamon Syrup
- Bring 2 cups of cherry juice, 1 cinnamon stick and 2 cups of white granulated sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
- Lower heat and simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Strain and bottle.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Courtesy: Natalie Bovis
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.