Just in time for the start of golf season, this easy whiskey cocktail was created by Phoenix Arizona's leading mixologist, Jason Ash. Combining Basil Hayden's bourbon with the Italian aperitif Aperol, Thai basil and lemon, the Double Eagle cocktail is the perfect springtime sipper. Be sure to stir one up before the final round of your favorite tournament this year.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Basil Hayden’s Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 sprig Thai basil
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1 ratio of equal parts sugar and water)
- Grapefruit peel for garnish
- Muddle lemon half with Thai basil sprig in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Combine all other ingredients in glass.
- Add ice and shake for 6 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled stemmed cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of Thai basil and a grapefruit peel twist.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.