The Irish Coffee is a classic cocktail that gets a new twist every now and then. This is one of them and, as much as I love the original, the touch of sweet butterscotch is a nice change of pace.
The Caramel Irish Coffee was created at Haven Rooftop, which looks down on New York City's Times Square. The variation is quite simple: add Irish cream, butterscotch schnapps, and a drizzle of caramel. It is actually nice to offer guests alongside the Irish Coffee, because those who would like a sweeter drink can opt for the caramel version, and both make a great after dinner drink.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh brewed coffee
- Whipped cream
- Warm a mug or Irish coffee glass by pouring hot water inside. Allow this to set for a few minutes, then dump the water.
- Add all of the ingredients to the warm mug and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel on top.
Recipe courtesy: Haven Rooftop
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.