The base of this punch is the smooth 10 year old expression of Canadian Club Reserve, which is backed up by orange and pear. This liquid foundation is then enhanced with the zing of fresh ginger and these two facets are bound by the sweet and sour of lemon and honey. The result is a well-balanced, snappy punch that is ideal for most any occasion, especially winter celebrations.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Punch Bowl
- 1 part fresh lemon juice
- 1 part honey
- 1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 parts fresh orange juice
- 4 parts pear nectar
- 4 parts Canadian Club Reserve 10 Year Whisky (website)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine 8 parts water, the fresh lemon juice, honey, and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain into a large bowl; let cool.
- Add the orange juice, pear nectar, Canadian Club whisky, and lemon slices and chill.
- Serve over ice.