Irish whiskey is a perfect candidate for any Hot Toddy recipe and Kilbeggan is often one of my first choices. However, what makes this toddy truly unique is the source for the ginger because here we use ginger beer. That's right, ginger beer in a warm cocktail and it works surprisingly well. When Kilbeggan, the ginger beer, sour, and honey meet hot water (not boiling) everything opens up and the flavors create this enlivening and comforting drink that is ideal for warming up on the coldest of days.
To warm your mug simply pour hot water in it and let it sit for a few minutes before preparing the drink.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 parts Kilbeggan® Irish Whiskey
- 2 parts fresh lemon sour
- 2 parts ginger beer
- 1 bar spoon honey
- Hot water
- Cinnamon stick or grated cinnamon for garnish
- In a pre-heated coffee mug, pour 1/3 of the water over the honey and stir to dissolve.
- Add all remaining ingredients and top with additional hot water.
- Dust with fresh ground cinnamon and serve with a festive stir stick.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.