With Superbowl XLV looking to be the greatest Superbowl ever played and featuring two of the National Football League's most iconic teams in the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, whiskey fans will have a lot to cheer about on February 6th. Makers Mark bourbon has created this Steelers Cider as a quick, easy winter warmer to share with friends and family during the big game. Give it a try and root your team to victory this year!
This punch will yield 2-3 servings, and it easily doubles or triples if you are having lots of friends over to watch the big game.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 to 3 cocktails
- 8 oz Makers Mark Bourbon Whiskey
- 32 oz apple cider
- 6 cloves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine Makers Mark bourbon and cider in a medium saucepan.
- Add lemon, cloves, allspice and cinnamon sticks.
- Heat over medium-high heat until almost the surface of the liquid begins to bubble.
- Pour into an Irish coffee glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.