Lemonade and iced tea are two great ways to stay cool on the hot days of summer and the Fourth of July. This appropriately named drink combines the two and is ideal for serving at parties.
We're not talking about simply mixing tea and lemonade here, however. No, this one gets very interesting when we add Wild Turkey Bourbon to its counterpart American Honey (a liqueur produced by Wild Turkey), and the fresh basil is the ideal compliment to turn this into the perfect summertime refresher. Serve it in a pitcher, allowing guests to pour as they please, and ensure that it stays nice and cold.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 1 Large Pitcher
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups lemonade
- 4 black tea bags
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 1/2 cups American Honey Liqueur
- In a large saucepan, boil 2 cups water.
- Remove from heat; add 4 teabags of black tea.
- Steep 8 minutes; discard teabags.
- Add 2 cups cold water and lemonade; transfer to pitcher and chill.
- Add fresh basil leaves. Using a wooden spoon, crush basil until fragrant.
- Stir in Wild Turkey Bourbon and American Honey.
- Serve over ice.
Recipe Courtesy: Wild Turkey Bourbon
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.