A simple recipe is often a good place to start when it comes to exploring new spirits and that is what is happening here in the Autumn Delight. The whiskey is Suntory Yamazaki 12yo, a Japanese whiskey that is a delightful change of pace with some resemblance to Scotch and it works wonders with the simple addition of apple cider and a little cinnamon.
I would also recommend trying this with warm cider if you're in the mood for a hot drink.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Yamazaki 12 year old whiskey
- 6 ounces apple cider
- Fresh cinnamon
- Cinnamon stick and apple slices for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice filled old-fashioned glass.
- Dust with fresh cinnamon.
- Garnish with 2 apple slices and a cinnamon stick.
Recipe Courtesy: Yamazaki Whiskey
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.