I spoke to Gleason about this drink and he says, "It makes for a great combination because passion fruit juice is a little on the tart side and it balances the sweetness of the bourbon and strawberry liqueur." He also recommends the easier option of passion fruit juice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Punch Bowl
- 2 parts Red Stag by Jim Beam™ Bourbon
- 1 part Strawberry Liqueur
- 0.5 part Passion Fruit Coulis or 1 part Passion Fruit Juice
- Pour all but champagne into a punch bowl with large balls of ice* have champagne on ice beside punch bowl.
- To serve, ladle mixture into Champagne Flutes and top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a strawberry or lemon twist on the rim.
*To make ice balls simple fill balloons with water and suspend from the rack in freezer until frozen (OK maybe more of a teardrop shape than a ball, but still very fun!)
Read more about the technique in this interview with Gleason.