Horse racing and whiskey cocktails seem to go hand-hand. The official cocktail of the Preakness stakes, the second leg of horse racing's Triple Crown is the Black Eyed Susan. Whether you are at the Pimlico race track or watching from home, this easy to make cocktail features Early Times Kentucky Whiskey, 42 Below Vodka, sweet and sour and orange juice. Try one today and root on your favorite horse with friends this year.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/4 oz Early Times Kentucky Whiskey
- 3/4 oz 42 Below Vodka*
- 3 oz sweet and sour mix
- 2 oz orange juice
- orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain over ice into a collins glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.
- Serve and enjoy.
*Editor's Note: Finlandia Vodka vodka is also a good vodka for this drink, though while the "official recipe" according to the Preakness uses 42 Below Vodka. Either is a great option.