- 2 oz Scotch
- 1 1/2 oz boiling water
- sugar for sweetening to taste
- lemon peel for garnish
- Pour the Scotch, water and sugar into a heat-resistant (silver-plated or pewter and tulip-shaped are recommended) mug with a handle.
- Light the mix on fire.
- While still ablaze, roll the mix into an identical mug and back again 4-5 times.
- Pour the mix into another heat resistant cup with a lemon peel, then put one of the mugs over top to extinguish the flames.
Tips from David Wondrich's Imbibe!:
- Pour over a tray full of water.
- You don't want the fire to go out while pouring.
- Pour only 1/2 of the contents each time.
- Mix it quick as the handles will get hot.
- Turn the lights down for effect and to make it easier t see what you are doing.
- Practice with water first
- Go outside the first few attempts at flaming