Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 oz Navan Natural Vanilla Liqueur
- 1 oz bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 oz Chipotle-orange syrup* (recipe below)
- 2 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
- Orange peel, for garnish
- Additional ingredients needed for syrup:
- Chipotle pepper
- fresh orange peel
- Mix together all ingredients except for the orange peel.
- Shake together with ice and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with the orange peel.
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Chipotle pepper
- 2 Strips fresh orange peel
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the chipotle pepper and orange peel.
- Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain with a fine-mesh sieve and add the sugar.
- Return to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour the syrup into a container and keep in the refrigerator.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.