Cocktails that are composed entirely of alcohol with no mixers can be exceptionally hard to make palatable. While the martini and manhattan cocktails make pure alcohol mixology seem easy, most drinks that contain only alcohol have little appeal to casual drinkers. The 4 Point cocktail takes good bourbon and combines it with applejack, Salerno Blood Orange liqueur and maraschino liqueur to create a rich, complex and ethereal cocktail. Try this one at home or ask your favorite mixologist to mix one up for you. Remember, with cocktails that are all alcohol, stir the drink for best results.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 ounce applejack
- 1/2 ounce Solerno Blood Orange liqueur
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- Orange twist for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine first four ingredients.
- Add ice. Stir vigorously for 45 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist. Serve.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.