Last year, Makers Mark introduced their first line extension in over 50 years, Makers 46. Ryan Goodspeed, a top mixologist in Miami at Michael's Genuine Food and Wine has created the perfect cocktail for people to enjoy this coming Valentines Day. Featuring Makers 46, fresh blackberries and POM pomegranate juice, the Makers Heart Cocktail is a sure winner this Valentines Day.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 3 whole blackberries
- 1 ounce POM 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces Maker’s 46
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth (preferably Carpano Antica)
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Dash of Fee Bros. orange bitters
- Navel orange infused sugar for rimming (1 oz plain white sugar infused with the oil from 4 zested navel oranges)
- In a mixing glass, combine first 3 ingredients.
- Muddle the ingredients, then fill mixing glass with ice.
- Add next three ingredients.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a sugar rimmed cocktail glass. Garnish with dash of orange bitters and orange peel.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.