Bourbon and melon combine in this simple drink for a delightful, light flavor. Refreshing enough to enjoy on hot summer days, yet complex enough to enjoy year round, the Melon Splash is a drink you may not expect to taste good but it is fabulous. I have yet to try it with a bourbon other than Woodford Reserve so I can only attest to the drink made with that, although some of the "tougher" bourbons are likely to overwhelm the sweet delicacy of the Midori.
- 1 1/2 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 oz Midori melon liqueur
- lime slice for garnish
- Mix the bourbon, soda and liqueur in a mixing glass.
- Pour over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.