Punches come in all flavors and this one is certainly unique, but you will find that it has some classic punch inspiration.
The Spirited Punch has a wonderfully simple name and, while it does have three liquors, is actually rather tame because it is made up mostly of orange oolong tea. This particular tea is a tasty combination with a nice rye whiskey, the honey vodka and ginger liqueur, which makes for a sweet, spicy and citrus punch that is ideal for any autumn party.
One note on the vanilla sugar: You can either buy vanilla sugar or make your own using this recipe. However, it does require a few weeks to fully infuse the flavor into the sugar. Another quick and easy option would be to make a vanilla simple syrup.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 Punchbowl (10-3oz servings)
- 5 ounces Rittenhouse 100 Rye Whiskey
- 2 ounces Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- 2 ounces 42 Below Manuka Honey Vodka
- 14 ounces orange oolong tea
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla sugar
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3 pieces orange peel
- Place sugar in punch bowl. Add orange peel and muddle to release oils.
- Add tea while still hot to dilute sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir & finish with large cubes of ice.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.