This cocktail created by Steve King and Owen Thomson, bartenders at Bourbon in Washington, DC, is a little red and a little blue and it was inspired by the 2008 US presidential election. Politics aside, it's a great, refreshing drink that has an air of creativity without using exotic ingredients that you have to hunt for.
You can either buy blueberry juice or make your own from fresh berries. They're easy to juice with either a muddler, juicer, or blender and you can strain it to your liking.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 1/2 parts Jim Beam Black Bourbon
- 1/4 part DeKuyper Triple Sec
- 1/2 part fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 part blueberry juice
- 1/2 part lavender honey simple syrup
- Dash of orange bitters
- Super-fine sugar for rimming