This Tully 10 Cider is a sort of a Mint Julep
adapted for fall
and it is nothing less than spectacular. Two great Irish drinks come together here, one being Tullamore Dew 10yo Irish Whiskey
and the other Magners Apple Cider (hard cider at 4.5% abv). You can use a non-alcoholic apple cider
, but I strongly recommend sticking with Magners. Adding mint and lime to that combination brings some lighter aspects to the cocktail, making it a touch more refreshing.
- 1 1/2 oz Tullamore Dew 10 Year Old
- 1 1/2 oz Magners Apple Cider (or non-alcoholic cider)
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup or pinch of sugar
- 2 mint leaves for muddling
- mint sprig for garnish
- Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar into a pint glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
- Add the whiskey, cider and lime.
- Fill with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a tall glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with the mint sprig.