Summertime is barbecue season, and sometimes you just want a quick, easy cocktail for a crowd that can be pre-batched ahead of time. Luckily, Wild Turkey has just the thing for your summertime entertaining with their LiberTea cocktail. Featuring Wild Turkey bourbon, American Honey whiskey, tea and basil, you can make this drink by the pitcher to keep from having to play bartender constantly at your next event.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 1 pitcher
- 4 c water
- 4 c lemonade
- 4 tea bags (black tea preferred)
- 1 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c Wild Turkey bourbon
- 1/2 c American Honey whiskey
- In a large saucepan, boil 2 c water, remove from heat and add 4 tea bags. Steep for 8 minutes, then discard teabags. Allow to cool (this portion can be done ahead of time).
- Add 2 c cool water and lemonade. Transfer to pitcher and chill.
- Add basil leaves. Using a wooden spoon, crush basil until fragrant.
- Stir in Wild Turkey bourbon and American Honey whiskey.
- Serve over ice.