Summertime is barbecue season, and sometimes you just want a quick, easy cocktail for a crowd that can be pre-batched ahead of time. Luckily, Wild Turkey has just the thing for your summertime entertaining with their LiberTea cocktail. Featuring Wild Turkey bourbon, American Honey whiskey, tea and basil, you can make this drink by the pitcher to keep from having to play bartender constantly at your next event.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 1 Pitcher
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups lemonade
- 4 tea bags (black tea preferred)
- 1 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cups Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/2 cups American Honey Whiskey
- In a large saucepan, boil 2 cups water, remove from heat and add 4 tea bags. Steep for 8 minutes, then discard teabags. Allow to cool (this portion can be done ahead of time).
- Add 2 cups cool water and lemonade. Transfer to pitcher and chill.
- Add basil leaves. Using a wooden spoon, crush basil until fragrant.
- Stir in Wild Turkey bourbon and American Honey whiskey.
- Serve over ice.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.