The Bottom Line
- The smoothest Scotch I've ever head - A masterpiece!
- Every aspect is worthy of the super-premium status.
- Beautiful and noble bottle and label, put this one on display.
- A perfect Scotch choice when you really want to impress someone.
- A great gift idea for any Scotch connoisseur .
- At nearly 300 bucks, this is not the everyday Scotch.
- Available in limited quantities.
- 25 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky
- Distilled by Chivas Brothers in Aberdeen, Scotland
- Master Blender Colin Scott
- Imported by Pernod Ricard USA
- Retails for around $299 per 750mL bottle
- 40% alc./volume (80 proof)
- Released in October 2007
Guide Review - Chivas Regal 25 Year Old Scotch Whisky
Chivas Regal 25 YO Scotch has distinct notes of apricot and peach throughout, a warm, fruity aroma and a nutty, chocolate and orange palate. It is the ultimate in smooth and balanced Scotch with astonishingly rounded finish.
Chivas 25 YO is meant to be sniffed, sipped and relished and at that price that's probably all you'll want to do with it. The 12 and 18 YO's are also known for their premium status, but are considerably more affordable (less than $100). Any of them are a fine choice.