The Bottom Line
- Light and spicy rye whiskey.
- A versatile whiskey for a variety of cocktails.
- Not your typical idea of rye whiskey.
- Kentucky Straight rye whiskey
- Produced by Beam Global Spirits & Wine
- 46 alc/volume (92 proof)
- Retails for around $47/750 ml bottle
- Released in October, 2008
Guide Review - (rī)1 Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
Mixing with (rī)1 is pretty easy. This whiskey fits in almost any whiskey cocktail, especially those with lighter, refreshing profiles. Those like a Whiskey Sour, New York Cocktail and Ward Eight are excellent uses for (rī)1 as sweet and sour mixers accent the whiskey's profile. On the other hand, traditional rye whiskey cocktails like the Waldorf, Vieux Carre and Colleen Bawn lack some essence compared to other ryes. Overall, (rī)1 is a great addition to the bar and a well-rounded cocktail ingredient.
(rī)1 has a very sweet, citrus aroma with grainy background. Has an extremely smooth entry that leads to a dry, sunny sweet and sour palate with spicy notes and a very light rye. The finish is long and continuously sweet with very light spice throughout.