The Bottom Line
- Smooth, complex Irish whiskey ideal for straight sipping.
- Blends well in cocktails, giving just enough whiskey taste without overpowering the drink.
- Quality at a great price.
- The whiskey flavor may be too soft for some tastes.
- Triple distilled, blended Irish whiskey from barley in pot stills and aged in charred oak
- Produced by Tullamore Dew Company LTD, Tullamore County Offaly, Ireland
- US Import by Skyy Spirits
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Retails for around $26/750ml bottle
- Tullamore produces: Original, 10 Year Old Single Malt, 10 Year Old Special Reserve, and 12 Year Old Special Reserve
- Tullamore Dew won Best Irish Whiskey in the 2013 About.com Readers' Choice Awards.
Guide Review - Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
Tullamore Dew is a supreme whiskey and one of my personal favorites for regular bottlings. You will notice subtle barley, a clean, smooth taste and rich oak tones throughout the experience. This makes it great for sipping straight with a splash of water to open it up and it is ideal for cocktails. For this try it in some of Tullamore Dew's original cocktails like the Merry Irishman and Irish Gold or in the delightful Shamrocked shooter. It is also fantastic with a touch of ginger ale or tonic water and makes a wonderful Irish Coffee.
Tullamore Dew is a mild whiskey that opens with lemon and malt notes with slight charred wood notes. The palate is well-rounded and buttery with sweet spices, warms malts and, again, hints of wood. Its finish is super smooth and the complexity lingers.
More Tullamore Dew Cocktails: