As is common in tiki cocktails, the original recipe is disputed. Below is just one variation from Dale DeGroff's The Craft of the Cocktail, find more in this article on Kaiser Penguin: Zombie Recipe Comparison.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz 151-proof dark rum (optional)
- 1 oz orange curacao liqueur
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
- 1 1/2 oz passion fruit puree (or syrup)
- 1/4 oz grenadine
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass with crushed ice.
- Optionally, float the high-proof rum on top of the finished drink.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.