Not very long ago a friend asked me, "What is up with this RumChata stuff?" I knew of it, though had not tried it and had little about the brand, though it seems to have become quite the talk of some circles lately, so I decided to check it out.
RumChata is a cream liqueur released in 2009. Its rum base and vanilla and cinnamon spice is nice and it is quite delicious and useful in drinks. Instead of repeating myself, you can read the full profile of the liqueur here: Profile of RumChata. It includes four of the brand's original recipes, one of which is a rather tasty Pumpkin Pie Martini.
Because I'm in an inquisitive mood today, I feel like asking another question: Have you caught the RumChata fever and, if so, how are you drinking it?Share Your RumChata Drink
Whipped Vodka or Straight
- Rum Chata is excellent chilled, right out of the bottle. I’ve also had great fun mixing it roughly 50-50 with Pinnacle Whipped Vodka. Tastes like dessert.
- —Guest Loren Davidson
- My customers mix it with root beer. ...............
- —Guest Karen Johnson
Not a Fan
- I generally enjoy all things rum ( I could EASILY become a rummy!), however I do NOT care for this Rum Chata.
- —Guest Steven Rentschler
- While in Denver a few years ago, my friends and I stopped into a small bar and were introduced to Rum Chata. The bartender mixed equal parts of RumChata, Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka and ChocoVine wine. It was very tasty!
- —Guest Dreda Brown
- I have a great one! Crown Royal has come out with a new whiskey infused with maple. Mixthat with Rumchata and it taste just like french toast!!
- —Guest Tom
- I never heard of Rumchata until SuperBowl Sunday. A friend brought it over and everyone here loved it!! I love drinking it straight. I drink it as a shot
- —Guest Sean
Whipped Cream Vodka
- Mix rumchata with whipped cream vodka and enjoy…!! Taste like cinnamon toast crunch cereal milk… don’t recommend drinking anything but shots here and their…!
- —Guest Eric Legins
- mix with Loopy Vodka. its like Froot Loop milk ......
- —Guest Jackie
- think it tastes more like cinnamon toast crunch if u mix it with fireball
- —Guest Shante
- White rum + rumchata + cream. Shake in ice vigorously – pour over ice. Nice and frothy on top – extra rum shot gives it kick
- —Guest Larry
Mix it up
- Rum, advocaat, rumchata, and OJ............. .......
- —Guest mare
Fireball or Loopy
- Rumchata with fireball or 3 olives loopy. MMM MMM..
- —Guest Brittany
- fireball & rumchata tastes great together! ........
- —Guest denny newborn
- Rumchata and fireball is called a dirty whore… so I’ve heard lol
- —Guest lesvia
- rumchata and fireball halfandhalf pour as a shot. delish!!
- —Guest patty