Not only am I asking you to share from your personal experience, but I'd like to hear of any wacky and weird folklore remedies you may know of.
Disclaimer: I do not endorse any of the remedies submitted by readers, it is merely an opportunity to share. Before trying any of these suggestions, take into account potential consequences or consult a health professional. My Hangover Tips
- The best you can do is take 2 tablets of aspirin in the morning and sleep undisturbed. If not go for a walk. Don't forget to drink water or juice.
- —Guest Romi
- I eat a bowel of Menudo with an Orchata. It works for me!
- —Guest marty
- I drink water and lucosade, large big mac meal with fizzy fanta alka seltsers and salt and vinegar crisps!
- —Guest Zoe
- Sex and a nice cuddle and a nap. When you wake up have some juice and a nice spicy bowl of pho. Yum!!
- —Guest Trolley
How to rid a hangover
- I always get up not lay in bed, actually get up and stir around and drank plenty of water. After this about an hour to hour and a half eat. This has always been my hangover remedy:)
- —Guest lizzie
- miracle cure for hangover: drag your arse to the gym and swim laps. As soon as you start you won't feel bad,..if you swim 18 to 36 laps, your hangover will be over. I gulp orange juice from the bottle on the way to the pool, then take a tums right before swimming.
- —Guest thasnotrite
Magical Beer on Ice
- 1). Get yourself a tall glass (double insulated if possible). I prefer an aladdin stainless steel 16 oz hybrid mug without a handle. 2). Fill it with clean, clear ice cubes or crushed ice. 3). Slowly add beer to the top of the brim. 4). Drink it. Add more beer and ice as needed. You may have a craft beer without ice in between to keep‘em guessing. 5). Tell people that don't like it to get over it. They will soon see the results and want to know more. 6). You will wake up the next day hydrated, full of vigor and no hangover. The wrinkles on your neck waddle (if you have one) will have magically disappeared! Be the first on your block. The word is spreading fast. Remember you heard it here first!
- —Guest Paso 805 John
- I swear by good old fashioned lemonade icy poles u can't beat it
- —Guest Bec
- Get out of bed and get moving...even if its only to the bathroom to expel all the acids the party last night has produced. Eat something minty, like an altoid (but, toothpaste will suffice) to settle the nausea, change out of last nights cigarette smelling rags, throw on a hat....get to the nearest Mexican cantina and order a Michelada made w/any beer and an enchilada. You may need two drinks...but when you get home take an ibuprofen (also good to do if you can remember before passing out on the night in question) and nap semi-sitting up. This will help the throbbing head. The worst thing for a hangover is pulling the covers over your head and staying in bed all day wallowing in the hell your body was (un) intentionally put thru the night before. This remedy is tried and true-though beware...everyone's body reacts different to alcohol & the dreaded hangover! Good Luck!
- —Guest Shannon
How do you get relief from a hangover?
- I don't drink alcoholic beverages. Works every time.
- —Guest Tom
- Eat a salad with balsamic vinegar first thing in the morning. Seems to wash your liver clean and the dark greens and spinach I make my salads with have got to help as well.
- —Guest Carlie
- I always drink sweet tea after i wake up from a long night of drinking and my hangover is instantly gone and i drink a glass of water after every 2 alcoholic drinks..its never failed me :-)
- —Guest happy :-)
- Well ... I was always skeptic about those "proven" pills - but my wife found one "proven by science" - requested free sample for me. All I can say -it just WORKS like a miracle. Tried several times and it always surprised me how effective it was. Wow. It's name is Blucetin ( blucetin.com). They claim research conducted at UCLA. Everyone suffering from hangover should give it a try.
- —Guest hazbra
- V8 or bloody Mary im hungover right now but ew reading that eating canned fish just made me want to toss my cookies well it's thanksgiving im not thankful for letting myself drink that much but I am thankful for good food and family and ibuprofen ;) but my headache is still THROBING
- —Guest Sammi
Cure for hangover
- Just drink coconut juice or buko juice..works like a charm..gets it done in minutes..i prefer the fresh ones..
- —Guest Manuel trinity