Not only am I asking you to share from your personal experience, but I'd like to hear of any wacky and weird folklore remedies you may know of.
Disclaimer: I do not endorse any of the remedies submitted by readers, it is merely an opportunity to share. Before trying any of these suggestions, take into account potential consequences or consult a health professional. My Hangover Tips
Simple, cheap and the most effective
- Take a 100 mg potassium supplement, It works for me. Within about 15 minutes it makes the dark circles under my eyes and blurry vision go away, as well as the bloodshot eyes and their dry burning discomfort. The pounding headache and hearing the blood rushing past my ears subsides. The anxiety goes away, as well as most of that run down feeling. Within an hour the acid reflux, gurd, heartburn and dry mouth, bad breath and even the boozy body odor seems to go away. I almost feel completely restored. By that I mean I'm left feeling slightly tired, gradually increasing as the day goes on, as well as the eyes tend to get dryer and feeling warmer and increasingly tired as the day goes on as well. I discovered this remedy quite by accident. So far it's been 100% effective for me. I haven't any clue, however, if it may have any negative side effects from long term use such as liver damage etc. Though I can't imagine how since the body requires potassium anyway to survive.
- —Guest Lorne DeWitt
Have done this
- Drink a vanilla milkshake IT WORKS. I'm supposed to enter at least 50 characters but what else is there except DRINK A VANILLA MILKSHAKE. I'm 60 I knew about this remedy 40 years ago trust me IT DOES WORK.
- —Guest Richard
- ive read all these and i feel like complete shit. i suggest taking a shwer (it was the only thing that helped a little) and drink water. if that doesnt help a little bit then just give up and start drinking again :/
- —Guest It hurts
- a McDonald's bacon egg and cheese biscuit, Vitamin B, unsweetened iced green tea and an hour long shower. After your shower, eat PHO, then wrap yourself up in a warm blanket and binge on water and Netflix!
- —Guest Lemony Karla
- Dink a tea without milk, means lack tea, or take a small pack of drink which you had in the night.
- —Guest Mahesh
- I am one of those people who cannot take nausea at all. Trying not to puke when I am hungover only makes me feel worse. If you are nauseous, just puke it up any way you can. After my stomach is empty I feel a lot better. Then I can slowly start drinking water, warm ginger tea, or soup. I wish I could do something about the headache though...
- —Guest Guest
- I know puking is awful but it helps me too. After the nausea calms, drink water but not too fast. Drink too fast and it hurts your stomach and you'll end up heaving again.
- —Guest Deanna
- Nothing works for me:( I think I will just stop drinking!
- —Guest Becky
Cure your hangover..
- After a long night of lots of alcohol, and maybe some throwing up. You just want it to be over.. Trust me, I've been in this situation a few times. lol Here are a few things to help your recovery time.. 1. Take 2 Ibuprofen for your massive headache. 2. Gatorade, NOT water.. Personally, after a long night of drinking, water only seems to make my stomach upset and feel very heavy. Gatorade replenishes your salt and potassium levels and helps with the thirst. But don't chug it! I know you will feel super dehydrated, but all chugging will do is make you throw up. 3. Eat toast or crackers. I helps bring your blood sugar levels up. Your liver uses most of it up to process the alcohol the night before.. Which is why you may feel shaky or weak the morning after. 4. Sleep! This is common sense. Lots of sleep always helps get rid of headaches and simply reenergizes you and your very tired brain and body. Hope this helps someone. It always does the trick for me.
- —Guest Amber
- Burnt Toast ,the carbon in the toast cleans the toxins from your blood,and lots of water
- —Guest ged
- I have to sit with my head on the toilet for hours until the nausea passes. sometimes i take an anti-nausea pill but these can make me restless. slow sips of water, a good vomit, occasionally some vitamins. but really, just time. and tears, always cry...
- —Guest he-who-shall-not-be-named
red bull gets you up and running
- it would feel that i am endorsing a particular energy drink but actually that is the only energy drink i find near to my place and guys it has worked for me... i was stunned when in one place i read that you should be away from caffeine. i don't know freinds weather you have to try every thing which is written here by people like i can't imagine myself doing rigorous physical work ( cycling, rock climbing... i mean who does that when standing hurts your head) but for me two things have only worked for me till now. 1) Red bull , 2) sleep ( i.e if i have the entire day for that)
- —Guest pj
- In Germany we use a dietry product called AfterAlc. It really helps getting your body back on track after a long night with 2-3 drinks too many..
- —Guest Carmen
Milk Thistle + Vitamin B12 Shots
- When I plan on drinking, I take milk thistle capsule before going out and also self-inject two B-12 shots. I live in Baja and B-12 shots are US$3.50 for 5 shots. Taking 2 helps immensely and milk thistle really protects your liver.
- —Guest Jade
food & exercise
- When i get a hangover, the one thing that works best for me is some veggies and fruits (like apples and baby carrots) and then to go on a walk
- —Guest Thora