Not only am I asking you to share from your personal experience, but I'd like to hear of any wacky and weird folklore remedies you may know of.
Disclaimer: I do not endorse any of the remedies submitted by readers, it is merely an opportunity to share. Before trying any of these suggestions, take into account potential consequences or consult a health professional. My Hangover Tips
my hangover tip
- It was in the Hot, Hot Summer-time! I woke up by this river. I was SO Thirsty, there was only a gallon of whiskey to drink. I was not ready to start drinking again, so I went to the river and I jumped in the ICE COLD water and it SHOCKED the hangover right out of me! TRY IT! I started drinking ALL over again, but HEY! It WORKED!
- hate hangovers! honestly i vomit. that's the only thing that is gonna calm me in every way, after vomiting a whole new world arises lol! .. Then, i drink a lot of water and vomit again if necessary. Drink tomato juice and water, also eat something light.. then when i'm halfway i take a headache pill and sleep!!!!!!!
- —Guest Gwen
- Vitamin Water REVIVE flavor. This isnt an advertisement, I dont even like vitamin water, but its packed with vitamin B and potassium, everything your body is sorely missing. Always makes me feel better!
- —Guest Roxanne
Let your body Speak
- Honestly I have had 3 horrible Hangovers... But throughout time and experience I concluded that you should listen to your body. If you have acis reflux loe down a bit. If you are shaky tale a cold shower. If you need to expel something - make yourself cozy and throw up. If you can try to clean behind yourself. Staying in a vomit/alcohol/and smoke smelling place or clothes will make things worse. Last but not least - hangovers are generally if not always caused due to dehydration. Drink WATER - but slowly. Hope these help!
- —Guest Jonathan
- Nothing works. Im officially dying. Just. give. up. now.
- —Guest lally
- Greasy pork sandwich served up in a dirty ashtray. Works every time.
- —Guest Guest
- Thing that works best for me is to drink loads of water before and after and plenty of food. I've been using bytox hangover patches for a while too and they help quite a bit. Although Nothing better than a post drinking greasy pizza to help soak the alcohol!
- —Guest Jamie
3 simple things
- I use Powerade, McDonald's frys or has browns, and midol. Works every time.
- —Guest Meg
- The best you can do is take 2 tablets of aspirin in the morning and sleep undisturbed. If not go for a walk. Don't forget to drink water or juice.
- —Guest Romi
- I eat a bowel of Menudo with an Orchata. It works for me!
- —Guest marty
- I drink water and lucosade, large big mac meal with fizzy fanta alka seltsers and salt and vinegar crisps!
- —Guest Zoe
- Sex and a nice cuddle and a nap. When you wake up have some juice and a nice spicy bowl of pho. Yum!!
- —Guest Trolley
How to rid a hangover
- I always get up not lay in bed, actually get up and stir around and drank plenty of water. After this about an hour to hour and a half eat. This has always been my hangover remedy:)
- —Guest lizzie
- miracle cure for hangover: drag your arse to the gym and swim laps. As soon as you start you won't feel bad,..if you swim 18 to 36 laps, your hangover will be over. I gulp orange juice from the bottle on the way to the pool, then take a tums right before swimming.
- —Guest thasnotrite
Magical Beer on Ice
- 1). Get yourself a tall glass (double insulated if possible). I prefer an aladdin stainless steel 16 oz hybrid mug without a handle. 2). Fill it with clean, clear ice cubes or crushed ice. 3). Slowly add beer to the top of the brim. 4). Drink it. Add more beer and ice as needed. You may have a craft beer without ice in between to keep‘em guessing. 5). Tell people that don't like it to get over it. They will soon see the results and want to know more. 6). You will wake up the next day hydrated, full of vigor and no hangover. The wrinkles on your neck waddle (if you have one) will have magically disappeared! Be the first on your block. The word is spreading fast. Remember you heard it here first!
- —Guest Paso 805 John